Skip to main content
You are here
2012 Pilot Projects - Updates
- Structural, Metabolic, and Biomechanical Effects of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) on Bone.
Matthew Bucknor, MD, Resident, UC San Francisco, $25,000
This led to career development. Dr. Bucknor is now a Assistant Professor in the University of California San Francisco. It has also led to an R25 grant submission and helped secure an intramural grant from the UCSF School of Medicine Dean's Diversity Fund.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Induced Weight-loss and Knee Cartilage, Meniscus and Muscle Composition.
Deepak Kumar, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar, UC San Francisco, $2,000
This led to career development. Dr. Kumar is currently a Assistant Professor at The Medical University of South Carolina.
- Temperature Mapping of Bone using UTE-MRI and HIFU.
Roland Krug, PhD, Assisstant Professor in Residence, UC San Francisco, $2,500
This led to an R21 grant submission.
- Kinematic and Quantitative MR Imaging Evaluation of ACL Reconstructions Using the Mini-two Incision Method Compared to the Anteromedial Portal Technique.
Drew Anderson Lansdown, MD, Resident, PGY-3, UC San Francisco, $10,000
This led to extramural funding.
- Effect of Kartogenin on Cartilage and Bone in a Rodent Model of Osteoarthritis.
Geetha Mohan, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar, UC San Francisco, $10,000
This led to career development. Dr. Mohan now has a position at UC Davis. It has also led to an R21 submission and a travel award to attend the 4th Annual Symposium on Regenerative Rehabilitation.